Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Breakfast Time!!!

Looks good right!! Try this recipe out in the morning on those days where you may be tempted to eat something bad (pancakes etc etc).  Keep in mind this recipe is a batch of anywhere from 8-14 tortillas full depending on how big of tortillas you use. 









3/4 lb. of chicken breast (dice it or shred it up once it is cooked)
1 can black beans (make sure to drain and rinse them)
4 egg whites
5 whole eggs
salt and pepper for flavor
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (if you want to get reduced fat that is okay!)
8-14 flour tortillas (I recommend whole grain and lo-carb)

Cook Your chicken breast up first. Cook it in a pan and once the chicken is done cooking add in your egg white/whole egg mixture. While this is cooking make the black beans as well. I heat up my tortillas in the microwave for a couple seconds covered by paper towels. Put your tortilla on a plate and add your egg/chicken mixture. Top this with the black beans and cheese. Salt and pepper can be used to add a little bit of flavor (I use sea salt). Enjoy!

I will post  a picture of the tortilla's I use as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment